80/20 Just Some Thoughts

My next step on my road to healthy is eating healthier. Notice I said healthier not healthy. That’s because I’ve tried eating all out healthy before. What usually happens when I do healthy?

CRASH & BURN

Therefore; my second goal on my list is healthier.

I’ve lost 18 lbs with just exercise but can’t consistently diet. So’, I’ve decided not to diet. I’ve been hearing about and researching 80/20. Don’t know a whole lot about it yet, but I definitely think its something to consider. In a nut shell, the goal is to eat healthy (plants/nuts/protein) 80% of the time & you don’t beat yourself up over that slice of turtle pie or birthday cake you had at a friends house the other 20% of the time. It sounds simple enough. I’ve found an informative website to share.

http://www.12minuteathlete.com/balanced-eating-the-8020-rule-explained/

All things considered, I think the difficult part will be changing the way I prepare most dinners at home… Less carbs. Aaaaannd convincing my husband that getting rid off the chocolate chip cookies (unless it’s a special occasion)!

Shadow out. 🙂

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s